||September 05, 2016
||The Author(s) 2016. This article is published with open access at www.chitkara.edu.in/ publications
The UV-Visible absorption spectra of CR-39 polymer, unirradiated and irradiated to gamma radiation up to 500 kGy dose were studied. The development of new peaks, shifting of absorption bands and their broadening as a result of gamma irradiation were observed and analyzed. The values of optical constant like direct and indirect band gaps have been determined. The values of indirect band gap have been found to have lower values then the corresponding values of direct band gap. The increase in carbon conjugation length and size of carbon clusters has also been pointed out from the results of UV-Visible spectroscopy.
||Print : 2349-7564, Online : 2349-7769
- Gupta D. P, Chauhan R. S, Kumar Shyam, Diwan P. K, Khan S. A, Tripathi A, Singh F, Ghosh S, Avasthi D. K and Mittal V. K (2006) Radiat. Effects and Defects in Solids 161 331.
- Gupta D. P, Kumar Shyam, Kalsi P. C, Manchanda V. K and Mittal V. K, (2012) Radiat. Effects and Defects in Solids 167 149.
- Fink D, Klett R, Chadderton L. T, Cardoso J, Montiel R, Vazquez H and Karanovich A. A, (1996) Nucl. Instrum. and Methods B 111 303.
- Chong C. S, Ishk I, Mahat R. H and Amin Y. M, (1997) Radiat. Meas. 28 119.
- Fink D, Muller M, Cannington P. H, Elliman R. G and Macdonalt D. C, (1996) Radiat. Effects and Defects in Solids 132 313.
- Malek M. A and Chong C. S, (2002) Radiat. Effects and Defects in Solids 35 203.
- Navarro-Gonzalez R, Aliev R, (2000) Polym Bull 45 79.
- Abdul-Kader A. M, Basma A. El-Badry, Zaki M. F, Tarek M. Hegay and Hany M. Hasem, (2010) Philosophical Magazine 90 2543.
- Raghu S, Archana K, Sharanappa C, Ganesh S, Devendrappa H (2015), Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids 426 55.
- Sinha Dipak, (2012) Advances in Applied Science Research, 3 (3):1365-1371
- Davis P. W and Shilliday T. S, (1960) Phys. Rev. 118 1020.
- Thutupalli G. K. M and Tomlin S. G, (1976) J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 91 639.
- Phukan T, Kanjilal D, Goswami T. D and Das H. L, (2003) Rdiat. Meas. 36 611.
- Fink D, Chang W. H, Klett R, Schmolt A, Cardoso J, Montiel R, Vazquez M. H, Wang L, Hosoi F, Omochi H, Oppelt-Langer P, (1995) Radiat. Effects and Defects in Solids 133 193.